Wednesday, July 2, 2008

beep beep beep beep beep beep beep

Someone is gutting the building next to ours, or at least most of it. There have been two large dumpsters sitting out front for most of the summer.

For the past two days I have walked past one of them and heard a beeping sound. It sounds just like an alarm clock.

I wonder if someone forgot to turn it off before it got thrown away?

I wonder how long it will keep beeping?

1 comment:

momu said...

Some workers were repairing and painting around my friend Ruth's house. They had been pounding with hammers and banging around for several days. It was getting annoying. One morning, one of the workers knocked on Ruth's door. "Your car is beeping," he said. "it's been beeping for hours and it won't stop. It's driving us crazy." So Ruth went out to her garage and they changed the battery in the alarm system, so the beep, beep, beep would stop annoying the workers. The irritating pounding noise they were making continued, however.