The brief but wonderful trips to DC have been fantastic!
First we got to spend time at Ada's graduation...
Then we spent the 4th with Annabelle and Dave...
Even though it rained on the actual 4th, we still saw fireworks on TV, then museum hopped the next day.
Work has picked up an insane amount. While edging on overwhelming, I find the work interesting. Plus it is nice to get to experience quite a few projects at a time. I'm working with a lot of new people, and getting a much better overall view of planning at a large institution. Some things are so simple in theory, but very difficult in practice. Most of the projects I don't know if I'll get back next year, but if I do, I'll know how to manage myself much better.
Also, it just makes me more grateful that it isn't always this way. I'm averaging an extra hour and half a day, and it will probably continue through Sept. The overtime doesn't hurt, but it doesn't leave me with as much outside time as I've gotten used to. Good thing I finished course work.
Other good news, Ted got a new scholarship for next year, we think it means school is paid for. Not too bad. It makes me feel pretty good about the future. Keep paying our current loans down, keep saving. Maybe we can even manage to save up for some of those trips we are hoping to take. So many fun family members so many great places.
No comments:
Post a Comment