Spring break takes on a whole new meaning when you aren't the student. In the past I've been a teacher, so I got the break too. It was usually very needed. Now as an admin, I've missed having our students around, but it has given me a chance to get some things done that really needed getting done.
The majority of my job is to keep a database in running order and make sure the program that runs it works. It was in pretty bad shape when I came on. And it may not seem like much, but I got the database purged and reconfigured this week. I'm pretty proud of the work I've done. It was also the kind of thing that I needed large amounts of quiet to get done.
Today I started upgrading the entire system. I started a pilot program that would let others be able to use the remote system associated with the database. It will help spread information without corrupting the data. I think the work I've done will help make the entire system work better.
I see this as a huge step forward. Now that the database and system are up to date, I'll be able to spend more time with the students. I may be crazy, but I still fell like I'll do some good.
On other fronts. I need to go get a blood test. I've known I would need to do this for six months. I've had doctor's orders to do it for over a month. I tried the other day and freaked out as soon as I saw the needle. You'd think I would be used to them by now but I'm not.
One of my coworkers told me about a couple things her neurologist did to help her when she hated her blood tests. I think I may ask mine about them. One is a patch that basically numbs the area. Its worth looking into at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September 2011 (1)
- September 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (3)
- March 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (2)
- November 2008 (4)
- October 2008 (1)
- September 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (4)
- June 2008 (9)
- May 2008 (4)
- April 2008 (7)
- March 2008 (6)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment