One of my reoccurring terrors is that I will randomally run into someone I just don't want to see ever again. The really terrifying part is that that person will be moving/moved to a block away from me and I now have to be a good person and coexist. Normally this is someone I've met through church or dated. It isn't a huge list of people who fall into this nightmare, but there are a handful of people I just hope never move to the Upper West Side.
On the other hand, there are a few people that I wouldn't mind seeing, but it would be strange.
I'm sitting in the second situation today. Today the Admitted Students come visit campus. I was looking over all the names and realized one of the them is the very first guy I ever went on a date with.
He was super smart and good at everything. Not super popular, but well liked by all. The kind of guy that everyone waved to. We dated a couple times before we realized that a conservative Jewish boy and a conservative Christian girl didn't have much time to date if the entire weekend was a Sabbath. It wasn't like there was a bad break up or anything, it just never really went anywhere because we didn't get to see each other outside of high school. So we went our independent directions.
I honestly don't think he'll even know who I am.
I'm not quite sure what I'll do if he ever puts two and two together. I'm not sure I'm going to volunteer the info. I'm not ever sure he will recognize me. We haven't seen each other since '99 when he graduated, and we'd both gone pretty much separate ways even in high school.
Odd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September 2011 (1)
- September 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (3)
- March 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (2)
- November 2008 (4)
- October 2008 (1)
- September 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (4)
- June 2008 (9)
- May 2008 (4)
- April 2008 (7)
- March 2008 (6)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (2)
1 comment:
i know how you feel!!! remind me to tell you about my fear of seeing a guy when I'm up there next weekend.
Post a Comment