I should have posted a picture of the Etsy Treasury that my hat was in. I didn't realize the links expire in two days.
Either way, it was pretty neat.
On other exciting news, I've sold a Lucern to a friend who saw some of my work. I'm in the middle of a dino-boy order, and possibly have an order for an adult sherpa hat! Slow but sure.
I need to start putting pictures up of my projects in progress on the crafty blog. Maybe a posting schedule is in order. I've thought about combining the two, but really feel strongly that the two blogs should stay apart if the hats ever become a business. I just can't seem to keep the blog and the shop up to date right now. Next term Ted has two night classes, so I think one of them will become crafty night, and the other will become blog/shop night. If the shop pans out the blog will be nice because it would give people a chance to see new work before it is finished. Commissions could do well with some preview time.
On other fronts, I decided to plant a winter bulb garden. The first batch or paper-whites are just starting to bloom. It has been fantastic to watch our little window garden grow. I hope the amaryllis bloom before we leave for Oregon, but if they don't, the office will get to enjoy them. The tulips shouldn't even spout for another few weeks. I'll have to take a new picture to post, the one I took a few days ago doesn't have any flowers.
We've switched over to winter food. That means soup, or something pre-made/big at least twice a week. Ted has been making a new soup every week. Then improvising a soup or stew for the other large item. Next week I might make a lasagna for one of the big items. But we already have a meatloaf planned, and Thanksgiving, so I'll probably wait until December for the Lasagna. We are also loving the squash and fall greens that can be found.
Ted and Abi have a great Thanksgiving planned. My involvement this year seems to be limited to ordering the cheesecake. We priced it and it turned out about the same price to order from Juniors as to buy everything and make a Pumpkin cheesecake. I may still make a pie just for kicks. It should be fantastic though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September 2011 (1)
- September 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (3)
- March 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (2)
- November 2008 (4)
- October 2008 (1)
- September 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (4)
- June 2008 (9)
- May 2008 (4)
- April 2008 (7)
- March 2008 (6)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment