Wednesday, December 17, 2008

running out of time

Mumbling while I should pack... but I need to just sit and mummble.

It seems like there is never enough time, but somehow, we are getting on a plane tomorrow no matter what is done or undone.

I felt so on top of it until the last week. I was all ready, all the gifts and cards were getting in the mail. Then, the ominous then, I forgot which day Abi was leaving for Europe, so she couldn't hand deliver Dave's present. Next, I proceeded to misplace Dave's present completely. I think it fell behind the dresser, but I haven't been able to move it. Just too much stuff in it. Long story short, Dave gets shorted again, and will have to wait for his gift. On a positive note, as soon as I find the original, he will get two? This is what I get for being so excited and getting it done way too early, but not mailing it as soon as it was finished.

Then, work got crazy. I knew it would, but I wasn't quite sure I was ready for it.
Background, while everyone thinks that the Holidays just close at schools, for a select few, Schedulers, Registrars, anyone who needs to do stuff for students) it is a very busy time. All the classes need to be set, the rooms assigned, and the entire schedule for spring input. Since everything has to wait for the classes, it is the tightest turn around that we have all year.
Luckily, I have an amazing Registrar I work with. Even though she was way too busy to be setting things, she did the best she could the curriculum ended up handed to me, on Monday at 5. In the past we have had to manually transfer the curriculum from one software to another. My goal at work has been to automate the transfer. We've been testing the upload process months. Miracles happen, and luckily, the upload worked on the second try. Best work moment of the year, and so what took 3 weeks, now takes three days. Like I said, best work day ever. It was still a bit tighter than I like, but now I know it works, and can leave for vacation feeling almost not behind. There is still a ton to enter when I get back.

Then, a totally positive then, I recieved a few new commissions for very fun projects. I've knit every spare moment plus some. Even more I still can say each piece gets better than the last. I'll share pictures when I get back.

Either way, I am so excited for the vacation. I'm happy about seeing everyone and spending time with the family.

No comments: