On May 1, I will be a new Assistant Director at CLS. I will still be in my same dept, and keep my big database project, but other than that, I will have all new responsibilities. It is a huge and very exciting step.
I was offered the position a few weeks ago, and said yes, but it wasn't totally clear what that would mean, or what my responsibilities would be. (We were reorganizing the dept to function with one less person, so it was all fuzzy.) The job while offered/accepted was still tentative.
Today I was told to order cards, so I guess this is telling me that the position is official, and so is my switch. In some strange way, I feel like all the ducks lined up and I actually have an adult job for the first time. Or at least a job that relates to all the crazy school I went to.
I feel really lucky to work with people who show that they value my contribution in a very tangible way. They didn't have to make this offer, or try to make me happy with what was going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September 2011 (1)
- September 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (3)
- March 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (2)
- November 2008 (4)
- October 2008 (1)
- September 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (4)
- June 2008 (9)
- May 2008 (4)
- April 2008 (7)
- March 2008 (6)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment