I'm finally committing. Before my birthday, I am launching an Etsy shop.
I have started on an initial inventory. I've decided I will go ahead and sell all sorts of crafts instead of just knitting or just jewelry, or just quilting. I really like the idea of my shop being a place you could shop for anyone you know. Mostly I want it to be well priced with great quality.
Initially I think I will start with jewelry and spring/summer baby quilts (since that is what I've been working on). In Fall I'll expand to seasonal knit hats for all. Occasional kid sweaters. Jewelry as it strikes my fancy; both kid friendly, everyday use, and glitzy special occasion stuff.
Definitely quilts that appeal to all ages and genders of child. Maybe next year I'd like to make twin size on special order though. I'd love to come up with some "back to school" type college dorm quilts that were affordable for graduation gifts.
Now I just need to name it.
I've been toying with lots of names
All in the Family
Bits of this and that
Simple Solutions
I'm just not happy with any of those names though.
Maybe something random...
One Red Shoe
Found in the Freezer
Instead of a storage unit
I even thought about just using citranila since all my knitting patterns are under that "brand".
I've just never been great at naming things...
I just can't decide! If this goes well, I want a label I can stick with. Something I won't feel stupid about two years from now.
So, if someone has something cute to name a shop, and it fits my general aesthetic, PLEASE SHARE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- September 2011 (1)
- September 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (1)
- June 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- April 2009 (3)
- March 2009 (1)
- February 2009 (3)
- January 2009 (3)
- December 2008 (2)
- November 2008 (4)
- October 2008 (1)
- September 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (3)
- July 2008 (4)
- June 2008 (9)
- May 2008 (4)
- April 2008 (7)
- March 2008 (6)
- February 2008 (3)
- January 2008 (2)
2 comments:
i sure wish there was a way for me to sell online....perishables dont really work that way. I think the title doesnt have to have anything to do with your product. there is a lady here in austin whos online shop is something like 'twin cupcakes' and she sells hair bow's for little girls. I like the idea of 'something' by citranila(sp).
I'm gonna set up "Crochet by Missa" after school gets out to get rid of the seven scarves I've already got made, the baby blanket that's nearly done, and the rest of the stash that'll get made up as soon as I can be done with the thesis of doooooooom.
Post a Comment